Each Member is required to check into the Pro-Shop before starting their round.
Golf Range Hours and Usage
There is also a Double sided Range available for Members Use. The Range will be close each evening at 8:00 pm, and at 4:00 pm on Sunday to do a clean pick so the range can be mowed on Monday.
There are 3 Practice Putting Greens on the Course located 1) in front of the Proshop, 2) at #9 Green, and 3) at #15 Tee.
Golf Cart Usage
- In 2021, members will need to share a golf cart.
- If a member or guest does not want to share a cart, they must pay a separate cart fee of $10 for 9 holes, and $20 for 18 holes.
- Members must obey all golf signage and keep golf carts at least 20 feet from the greens.
- Golf carts can only be used by members that are 16 years old and have a valid driver’s license.
Food and Beverage
- No food or beverage may be brought onto the grounds. Food and beverage service is available at the Birdies on the Hill and by calling the number located within each cart for service out on the course.
- No personal coolers are allowed on the course. Coolers are available at no extra charge and can be taken onto the course. It is against the law to bring alcoholic beverages onto the course that are not purchased through the Club. Any Members or Guests in violation of the policy will be asked to leave in accordance with Michigan Law.
Rules of Play
- U.S.G.A rules shall govern all play, except as modified by local rules.
- Local rules shall appear on the back of the scorecard or be announced at the start of any given competition
- Players may elect to walk or ride
- All Hills sponsored tournaments and events are run by a Golf Committee. Fees will be paid in cash the morning of the event, so that all prize money can be rewarded in cash.
- Only amateur members shall be eligible to play in tournaments.
- On the day of the event, club tournaments take precedence over regular member play.
- A USGA/GAM Handicap is required to participate in all events.
The Hills of Lenawee Golf Club is not responsible for any prize money, nor will The Hills of Lenawee Golf Club be involved in awarding any prize money from Golfing Tournaments or Events.
GOLF REGISTRATION AND STARTING POSITION
- Setting up a Tee Times either via the link on the website or by calling the Pro Shop is strongly encouraged.
- Members & Guests must check-in with the Pro Shop prior to play. Pro Shop staff will assign starting position as necesary.
GUEST PLAY & FEES
- Members Guest fees are $49 per guest for 18, $25 for 9 holes. Fees are to be paid in the Pro-Shop or via the online link. Guest Fees must be paid in advance of play
- A guest may only play five (5) times per season, regardless of which member brought the guest (excluding tournaments that include guests).
- Guest fees apply to all guests age 10 and older.
- New in 2021 Members may call ahead and schedule Tee Times for Guests and these guests do not need to be accompanied by a member as long as Tee Time has been made in advance.
- Members are responsible for seeing that their guests observe golf etiquette rules, do not slow play, and comply with the dress code.
- Public Play (Saturday and Sundays from 11am-4pm ) Fees are $59 for 18 holes and $35 for 9 holes with cart. Public Players may only play five(5) times per season.
The dress code is applicable to all members, spouses, children, and guests while on the golf course and practice areas. Members are responsible for the dress and conduct of their guests. Members and their guests are expected to dress in appropriate attire and in good taste at all times. These standards include, but are not limited to, the following:ACCEPTABLE ATTIRE
- Collared Shirts
- Cowl Neck Golf Shirts
- Golf Slacks
- Designer Jeans(without holes or excessive wear/stains)
- Golf Windshirts/Rain Gear/Jackets
- Golf Sweaters
- Hats with Bill/Brim facing forward
- Tee Shirts
- Tube, Halter, or Tank Tops
- Blue Jean Shorts
- Regular/Work Blue Jeans
- Exercise/Sweat Shorts or Pants
No Changing of Clothing or Shoes in the Parking Lot – USE THE LOCKER ROOMS!
Those improperly attired will be refused playing privileges on the golf course and practice area.
KEEP THE PACE OF PLAY MOVING
Members and Guests must allow faster groups of any size to pass through when the opportunity arises
No player shall “cut in” on any hole of the golf course in any manner that will interfere with oncoming players.
- Sand bunkers must always be raked. Rakes shall remain inside of bunkers.
- Divots must always be repaired.
- Repair all ball marks on putting surfaces.
- Be careful not to hit into the group in front of you. Leave ample space.
- Be quiet while others are hitting or putting.
- Do not drag your feet, clubs, etc. on greens. Treat them with care. Be sure to step over others’ putting lines.
CONDUCT UNBECOMING A GOLFER
Players are expected to conduct themselves in a proper manner while on club property. Along with abiding by the previously defined dress code, pace of play, and course care guidelines, players are expected to refrain from loud vulgar language or obnoxious behavior. Players must also control their tempers.
Corrective actions will be carried out by the management and may include suspension of play or termination of membership if warranted.
- Minor children must have parental supervision or have prior approval by the committee to use the facilities unsupervised.
- Minor children are prohibited from using golf carts under the age of 16 and without a valid driver’s license.
- Minor children may bring a guest. Guest fees will apply.